Food Per Batch : 3-4.5 kg fresh, 5.5-9.5 liters freeze dried
INCLUDES: Medium Freeze Dryer stainless-steel version, Oil-Free Vacuum Pump (no maintenance needed), Stainless Steel Trays (set of 4), Guide to Freeze Drying, Mylar Bags 180 µm (50 pcs.), Oxygen Absorbers (50 pcs.), Impulse Sealer 30 cm x 5 mm.
The entire process is automatic :
- Raw or cooked foods are placed in the freeze dryer where they are frozen to between -35 and -45°C.
- Once frozen, the freeze dryer creates a vacuum in the food chamber.
- As the food is gradually warmed, the water turns to vapor and evaporates out of the food (sublimation).
- When dry, the freeze dryer notifies the user that the process is complete by sounding an audible beep.
- You can then remove the freeze dried food from the dryer and place it in vacuum-sealed containers that are moisture and oxygen proof (preferably a mylar pouch or a can) to ensure freshness until opened.
- When water is added to the food, it regains its original fresh flavor, aroma, texture, and appearance!
You truly can freeze-dry almost anything. All kinds of fruits, vegetables and meats taste wonderful when freeze dried. That includes things like tomatoes, apples, bananas, strawberries, peaches, green beans, peppers, onions, potatoes, spinach, shrimp, pork, beef, turkey and even ice cream.
Your favorite meals that include meat may be easily freeze dried. Foods like lasagna, rice dishes, cheese macaroni, chili, beef stew, chicken a la king, casseroles, shrimp, lobster, pulled pork, pasta sauces or scrambled eggs are perfect for this process.
You will find that it is a delight to experiment with different foods and meals in your freeze dryer. A great way to start is by picking meals that are already favorites in your home.
It typically takes between 20 to 40 hours to complete the process. Food type and quantity will affect the freeze-dry cycle. Things like meat, peas and corn dry quickly, while squash and watermelon can take longer. The thickness of the food slices will affect the cycle time too.
Most importantly, your machine senses when the food is ready (alerting you with a beep) so you don’t have to guess when to stop the freeze-dry cycle.
Overall product dimensions: 46 x 54 x 72 cm
Perfect for counter top, cart, or table.
4 trays (19 x 46 x 2 cm)
There is also a detachable vacuum pump that sits outside the freeze dryer.
Oil Free Scroll Pump (LP):
Airflow: 12 m3/h
Voltage: 230V 50 Hz
Plug: Euro 230V
Intake Port: 3/4” JIC flare
Dimensions: 22 x 15 x 41 cm
Weight: 8 kg
At peak, the freeze dryer draws about 16 amps, but on the average about 9 to 11 amps (990-1210 watts) of power per hour.